MegaM@Rt2 is a European project involving 27 organizations, grouped in clusters from 6 different countries. Its main aim is providing a series of software modelling tools that help organizations to improve their productivity and the quality of their results. The European project MegaM@Rt2 will host a hackathon co-located with the next edition of HiPEAC, January 20th Bologna (Italy)
A hackathon is an event, typically lasting several days, in which a large number of people meet to engage in collaborative computer programming. In this activity, MegaM@Rt2 presents its approach for fostering collaboration and cross-fertilization among individuals with different profiles, creating positive synergies between use case and technology providers, ensuring that all challenges have several participants involved, helping use case providers to bootstrap experimentations with dedicated technology demonstrators on a clearly limited subset based on realistic concrete material, e.g., models, code, etc. and, track project progress with respect to project deliverables, illustrate results as well as to spot the innovation at early stages in only one day.
This activity follows a process that starts before the exercise itself. First, there is a call for experiments, where a problem is proposed and output demo or presentation, then there is a call for teams, which have previously expressed interest, where they can ask questions and prepare for the hackathon day.
In this event, several challenges have been proposed:
- Integration of HEPSYCODE and CHESS. Two tools designed for HW/SW co-design of heterogeneous parallel dedicated systems and for modelling and analysing real-time embedded systems. .
Evaluate the proposition of AIPHS taking into account monitoring requirements from literature and validate the proposed approach by the tool.
- Synchronize a Time4Sysmodel, obtained from runtime traces, with the performance verification tools MAST and/or pyCPA and the design tool Papyrus. Communication with Papyrus must be bi-directional..
- Use the MegaM@Rt2 Toolbox Catalog to present, and solve, a new challenge that may affect organizations on their daily activities
All tools are available in the MegaM@Rt2 Toolbox Catalog: https://toolbox.megamart2-ecsel.eu/HWAll participants will receive further information about the tools and the challenges they want to participate in, individually or in small groups, and will be further assisted by a mentor insite.
This event is open, but not limited, to:
- Companies that want to gather expertise and new ideas on interesting practices, find interns, find a team for an MSIT studio project, promote your Company.
- Students to find an interesting area to work on after graduation; find an idea for a start-up; find a company for internships.
- Researchers aiming to investigate on different areas of software engineering.
- Engineers to share their expertise, and gain new one, on software engineering practices.